- Prevents decay from fungi and insects
- Easy application on-site by dipping
Where to use
- Complies with European Norms
- Environmentally friendly
- Ready to use
- For pine and similar softwoods to be painted and used above ground level
Exterior/Interior useApply with dipping methodStir well before use15 L. for 1 m3
- 20 L.
- 200 L.
- 1000 L.
*For pine and similar softwoods to be painted and used above ground level.
While applying impregnation, the application method and amounts specified in the Technical Data Sheet must be followed.
The impregnation process is completed quickly with the dipping method in large projects that are not assembled.
To speed up the drying process after impregnation, make sure that each wood surface is well ventilated by making grid-type stacking.
After the impregnation dries, sand the surface with 80/120 sandpaper before starting paint/varnish application.
After the impregnation process, cover the tank to prevent evaporation of the product by remaining in the tank.
Problems and Solutions
The product does not dry.
Causes of the Problem:
- The ambient temperature is not suitable during the impregnation application.
- Failure to comply with the relative humidity range
- The moisture of the impregnated wood is more than 20%
- Incorrect or no stacking
- Absorbing much more impregnation than required
- Not enough ventilation
- The conditions causing the problem should be eliminated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I dry the wood after impregnation with HEMEL Imersol Aqua product?
Newly impregnated woods should be kept in a covered area, protected from direct sunlight for at least 24 hours. Stacking lath should be used between impregnated woods in stacking. It should not be packaged and shipped before this period.
How long should the impregnation dipping time be?
Impregnation dipping time pine etc., for soft textured woods at least 6 minutes. To ensure that the correct amount of product is impregnated, the impregnated timber should be removed from the pool, and a vertical section of 20 cm inside the head of the wood should be taken to ensure that 3-4 mm of impregnation liquid is absorbed from the walls of the timber (softwood species). If a sufficient amount of impregnation is not provided, the dipping time must be extended.
What should be the moisture of the wood before HEMEL Imersol Aqua Impregnation treatment?
The humidity of the wood should be below 20%. Besides, as the wood's moisture content decreases, the impregnation consumption will increase as the wood's absorbency will increase.
How do I know if the wood has been pre-impregnated?
There is no simple method to find out if the wood has been impregnated with Imersol Aqua before. By sending the samples you have taken to HEMEL, you can have the samples analyzed free of charge in Lonza laboratories in the UK.
Can I use the product instead of a primer?
HEMEL Imersol Aqua Impregnation formulation uses resin, filler, etc. Since it does not contain substances that can saturate the wood surface, it cannot be used as a primer. If primer application is desired, the primer application can be made extra after impregnation.
- At least 15 L for 1 m³
- The timber surface must be immaculate, and the moisture content of the wood should be below 20%.
- The product is ready to use and does not require thinning.
- Dip the timber in stainless steel, polyester, or polypropylene tank containing HEMEL Imersol Aqua. The dipping time for softwoods is approximately 6 minutes.
- Take out the treated timber over the tank and allow the preservative on the surface to drip for around 2-3 minutes.
- Wait 24 hours for complete dry before coating.
- FOR EXTERIOR USE ONLY.
- HARMFUL FOR BEES.
- Keep the product closed when not in use.
- The product's general application temperature is between 15°C to 25°C at a relative humidity range of 40-65%.
- The moisture content of the wood should max 20%.
- The product should be protected from freezing and stored at temperatures between 5°C to 35°C.
- USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
- Do not use empty plastic cans for other purposes.
- To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Wash hands after using.
- FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
- Dispose of contents/plastic cans in accordance with national regulations.
- Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) of the product for health and safety information.
What is impregnation, what is wood preservative?
Impregnation is the process of impregnating the sapwood of wood with various chemicals using special methods. Preservatives are divided into two according to their content. Water-based and synthetic impregnation.
Water-based preservatives are odorless and safe for health.
Water-based preservatives protect against worms, fungi, and mold in wood for up to 15 years. Impregnation protects the wood from the inside and prevents it from rotting. While it allows it to breathe, it allows it to expel the moisture inside and extend its life.
Soft texture woods such as pine can be impregnated. Hardwoods such as Iroko and teak have both natural durability due to their dense texture and the product can't penetrate due to this dense texture. For this reason, hardwoods do not need to be impregnated.
Where is Wood Impregnation used?
The impregnation process is applied for all kinds of construction applications, facade cladding, garden furniture, fence, patio, pergola, pier, marina, children's playgrounds, agricultural areas, and similar wood to be used. The impregnated wood is protected from the inside, protected against rotting.
What are the methods of water-based impregnation?
Wood protective impregnation is applied by brush, roller, or dipping methods generally used in the industrial field, depending on the surface width of the application area and the areas of use.
Hemel wood preservatives are ready to use, there is no need for thinning. To get the best results, we recommend you to comply with the application methods and amounts specified in the technical data sheets of the purchased product. Impregnation is not available to be applied on painted/varnished wood, the wood must be sanded beforehand, and also it must be cleared of dirt and dust.
Click to get information about wood impregnation applications, watch application videos!
What type of water-based wood Preservative should be preferred?
Compliance with European Norms and being safe in terms of health should be preferred. It should be taken into account that the impregnating agents must be odorless and the VOC value in their content must be low. Hemel offers impregnation materials and impregnation paint with "0" VOC value and registered in the Ministry of Health Institution Biocidal Inventory.
Impregnating paint agent colors
transparent (colorless), brown impregnation, or green impregnation water-based wood preservatives (impregnating agents) are produced by Hemel. Tanalith impregnation stands out among the water-based, odorless wood preservatives with its new generation environmentally friendly green and brown options. It is suitable for use on soft texture woods to be painted over ground level and ground level.
After the wood impregnation is done, we recommend you to protect it from weather conditions with Hickson Decor Ultra Aqua Wood Stain which is a water-based varnish. This semi-transparent water-based varnish is a high-performance product that allows the wood to breathe, protects against UV rays, and does not contain heavy metals and lead.
Water-based wood impregnating paint agents prices
Visit us for the options and impregnation prices of all water-based impregnating agents, odorless wood preservatives, eco-friendly, in compliance with European Norms, with 0 VOC value!
If you are a Bonus, Maximum, or World Cardholder, you can complete your order with the advantage of 2, 3, or 6 installments without interest.
Free shipping for orders above 20 EUR. For orders less than 20,00 EUR, a shipping fee of 6,00 EUR will be charged.
If you order the products that have the “Fast Shipping” logo until 12:00, they will be shipped on the same day. Shipments are not made on Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays.
If you return your purchased products in their unopened and original packaging, you can return them unconditionally within the first 14 days. This applies only to the Turkish market. International orders are non-refundable.