- High opacity
- Easy application
Where to use
- Keeps the texture of wood
- Child safe (EN 71-3 Certified)
- Environmentally friendly
- Ready to use
- Panel Doors
InteriorNot to be applied on decks/floors.Apply with brushStir well before use1 Lt covers 4-5 m2 in 2 coats
- 0,75 L.
- 2,5 L.
Warning: The colors shown here are applied on pine and intended to approximate the final color. The color and the gloss obtained will vary according to the type, texture, and absorbency of the wood. Film thickness and the number of coats applied will also affect the result. To see the final color, it is recommended to apply the product on the wood to be used.
During the application, the application method and amounts specified in the Technical Data Sheet of Hemel Panel Door Paint - Panel Door Paint should be followed.
The brush or roller to be used in panel door paint application must be saturated with the product before starting the application. After this process, the excess product remaining on the roller or brush should be removed by rubbing the edge of the package or using a suitable apparatus. Thus, in the first applications, an equal and sufficient amount of paint will be applied to the surface.
When applying with a roller, excessive pressure should not be applied to the surface.
Areas that are not desired to be painted such as locks, door handles, and hinges should be covered with masking tape before application.
Since the parts like the groove on the surface of the doors, processing, etc. cannot be applied easily with a brush and roller, it would be better to use a lining brush for these areas. To avoid floor marks that may occur, after completing the application of these areas, the application of other areas must be completed without allowing them to dry out.
Hemel panel Door Paint does not spread and collects in certain areas.
Causes Of The Problem:
* Lack of adequate polling sanding between coats
* Hemel panel door Paint-excessive thinning of Panel door paint
* Application of panel door paint less than the recommended amount on the surface
* Presence of silicon or solvent vapor in the environment. For example, silicone product was previously used in the environment and adequate ventilation was not done (PVC application, solvent-based paint use, etc.)
* Smearing other substances into the brush or roll used or not cleaned well before use.
* Operations in the problem causes header should be checked and the conditions that cause it should be eliminated.
* If Hemel panel door Paint-Panel door paint has just been applied to the surface and if it is applied to a small area, the paint on the surface should be removed with a clean cloth and the surface should be completely cleaned from the new paint.
- • If it is not possible to clean the surface, more brushing should be done on the surface.
- If the paint doesn't spread and collects in certain areas on the surface, the problem should be eliminated before the product is allowed to dry on the surface.
Resin flowing from wood after application
Causes of the Problem:
- This situation is a natural process arising from the structure of the wood. Some types of wood, such as cedar, contain dense resin.
- To improve the visuality, the parts where the resin flows can be wiped with cellulosic thinner and retouched after the patting sandpaper.
- If resin flow is observed on the surface after paint/varnish application; It should be waited for a while for all the resin in the knots and resin pouches to flow and dry on the surface. Afterward, the dried resin should be removed with a spatula and the resin residue on the surface should be wiped off with cellulosic thinner. If necessary, this area can be retouched after the sanding.
- The best time to clean resin is when it is cold. When this application is made in hot weather, the resin can contaminate the surface.
Hemel panel Door Paint-panel door paint does not dry.
Causes of the Problem:
- Too much thinning of Panel Door Paint
- Excessive product application
- If the application is carried out under the conditions of the workshop, the ventilation is not sufficient (windows and doors are constantly closed and there is no airflow)
After the 1st coat application, the 2nd coat is applied without waiting for complete drying.
- Failure to comply with the application temperature and relative humidity specified in the general instruction section of Hemel Panel Door Paint.
- The moisture content of the wood during the application should be more than 12%.
- Not wiping the wood with tannin such as Iroko and chestnut with cellulosic thinner before application.
- Applications under the title of the Causes of the Problem should be checked and the conditions causing this should be eliminated.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have my doors transparently varnished before and want to paint them with cover panel door paint. Can I apply this product without removing the varnish from the surface?
As we don't know what kind of varnish you have on your doors, we recommend that you first try a small area for such use. Before this application, the surface of the polished doors should be sanded with 180-220 numbered sandpaper. Otherwise, the paint you applied will not be able to adhere sufficiently to the old varnish.
Can I use it on furniture?
You can also use Hemel Panel Door Paint on your furniture. However, since the product is not a furniture polish, it will be less resistant to scratches. If the area of use is an area where scratch resistance is desired, it will not give you the result you want.
- 1 L. covers 4-5 m² with two coats
- Remove any dirt, oil, and wood dust from the surface.
- Sand the surface with sandpaper #80/120.
- Thoroughly clean the generated dust.
- Do not apply the product directly on pre-coated surfaces.
- Remove the old paint/varnish from the surface thoroughly with sandpaper.
- Clean the generated dust.
- The product is ready to use and does not require thinning.
- Stir the product thoroughly before use and check its homogeneity. Repeat this process during the application.
- Apply the product in 2 coats by brush and wait 1,5-2 hours between coats.
- Perform a slight sanding with sandpaper #180/220 between coats.
- Wait 24 hours for complete dry.
- Apply in the direction of the wood grain to get a homogeneous look.
- The area should be ventilated during and after the application to promote the drying.
Maintenance (when the same product had been used before):
- Do not apply the product directly on pre-coated surfaces.
- Clean the wood surface completely from dirt and oil and perform a light sanding.
- Thoroughly clean the generated dust.
- Repeat the same process as described in Application with 1 or 2 coats depending on weathering.
- Inspect annually and maintain as required.
- FOR INTERIOR USE ONLY.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR FLOORINGS.
- Keep the product closed when not in use.
- The general application temperature of the product is between 15°C to 25°C at a relative humidity range of 40-65%.
- The product should be stored at temperatures between 5°C to 35°C.
- Painting tools should be cleaned with soap and plenty of warm water after application.
- USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
- Do not use empty plastic cans for other purposes.
- To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Wash hands after using.
- FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
- Dispose of contents/plastic cans in accordance with national regulations.
- Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) of the product for health and safety information.
What is the panel door paint?
Panel door paint is paint that can be applied practically by anyone on all panel doors. It is safe for the environment and human health with its water-based and odorless content. Water-based panel door paint reveals the texture of the wood.
The other name of panel door paint is American panel door paint. It has been developed per the surface properties of American doors consisting of coatings. The most preferred panel door paint/wood door paint is a water-based one. This paint which does not contain volatile solvents doesn’t yellow the wood and is applied practically. When solvent-based panel door paint is applied in closed areas, inhalation is dangerous for human health. Water-based panel door paint is a panel door paint that can be used very easily by people who are disturbed by the smell of paint or those with respiratory diseases such as asthma and allergies since it is odorless and does not contain volatile chemicals.
Which panel door paint is best for wooden doors?
Panel door paint can be applied to doors and all wooden surfaces. The difference between panel door paint from other wood paints is that it adheres very well to surfaces such as MDF and chipboard.
Once you follow the instructions, there will not be problems such as cracking, blistering, and peeling.
The best panel door paint, Hemel Panel Door Paint, is a water-based covering panel door paint applied with a brush, thanks to its special formula, it shows the natural texture of wood and reveals all its natural beauty, although it is a highly covering panel door paint. It does not yellow the wood, it is resistant to impacts and chemical reactions. Panel door paints are mainly white, seashell, cream, and also many panel door paint colors are available, Hemel produces water-based covering panel door paint applied by brush or roller, with a rich color scheme. It is the leading in the market. It is an American panel door paint manufacturer.
How to paint a panel door?
Since the panel door paint dries very quickly, it is not necessary to remove the door from the hinges when painting panel doors. Before painting panel doors, paint masking tape should be used on the handles or knocker part of the door.
After the panel door accessories are masked, the door to be painted must be clean and dry. It should be dried completely after cleaning with a damp cloth. It is recommended to lightly abrade the surface with fine sandpaper to increase adherence before the panel door paint application. The dust layer formed as a result of the sanding process should be cleaned thoroughly. Before starting to apply panel door paint, the brush or roller to be used must be saturated with paint. After this process, the excess paint remaining on the roller or brush should be removed by rubbing the product package edge or using a suitable apparatus.
It is very important to wait according to the recommended first and last layer waiting and drying times to get the best result. Because if the second coat is applied before the first coat dries, it makes it difficult for the paint to adhere strongly to the surface. It may cause undesirable results such as brush and roller marks.
Hemel Panel Door Paint, water-based covering panel door paint applied with a brush, is a water-based, odorless panel door paint with very high coverage, but also does not pose a threat to human health with the EN 71-3 Toy Safety Standard. See our website for Hemel water-based covering panel door paint prices and panel door paint colors!
If you are an Axess, Bonus, Maximum, or World Cardholder, you can complete your order with the advantage of 2, 3, or 6 installments without interest.
Free shipping for orders above 20 EUR. For orders less than 20,00 EUR, a shipping fee of 6,00 EUR will be charged.
If you order the products that have the “Fast Shipping” logo until 12:00, they will be shipped on the same day. Shipments are not made on Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays.
If you return your purchased products in their unopened and original packaging, you can return them unconditionally within the first 14 days. This applies only to the Turkish market. International orders are non-refundable.