- Strips paint in one step
- Suitable for water-based and solvent-based paints
- Does not contain any harmful compounds like toluene, NMP, caustic, acids, and heavy odor
Where to use
- Applied by brush, roller, or airless spray gun
- Environmentally friendly
- Ready to use
- Metals including light metals and copper
- Concrete, natural stone, and other mineral surfaces
Exterior/InteriorApply with brush, roller, or airless spray gunStir well before use1 Lt covers 1-3 m2Does not contain a heavy odor.
- 0,750 L.
- 2,5 L.
- 15 L. (Upon request)
Warning: The colors shown here are applied on pine and intended to approximate the final color. The color and the gloss obtained will vary according to the type, texture, and absorbency of the wood. Film thickness and the number of coats applied will also affect the result. To see the final color, it is recommended to apply the product to the wood to be used.
The application methods and quantities specified in the Hemel Paint Stripper - Gel varnish/paint remover Technical Data Sheet must be followed when applying.
Intense sunlight and strong wind can dry the product very quickly. To avoid this, apply in windless time zones where the sun does not hit the surface.
For use for furniture and small parts, applying paint removal by placing the wood in a horizontal position will facilitate your application and the spread of Hemel Paint Stripper - Gel varnish/paint remover.
After completing the application, be patient for the gel paint remover to react with the paint on the surface. This process may be very short in some types of paints, while it may take a long time in others.
You can use a triangular scraper for scraping on hard-to-reach surfaces such as tongue and groove on exterior wood, and then use a wire brush or steel wool to remove the old paint on the surface.
After the paint removal process is completed, sanding should be sanded with 80/120 grit sandpaper to remove the residues on the wood surface. In this way, products such as paint/varnish that you will apply, will be able to be absorbed smoothly by the wood.
Problems and Solutions
Gel Paint Remover dries on the surface
Causes of the Problem
- Waiting longer than necessary for Gel Paint Remover to be cleaned from the surface.
- Application with intense sunlight or strong wind
- Since it will be difficult to scrape the dried gel paint remover from the surface, paint remover should be applied on it again and the scraping process should be completed in a controlled manner within periods that will not cause drying.
- To prevent the problem from recurring, it should be checked periodically whether the paint remover and old paint react or not, without allowing the gel paint remover to dry. If the reaction is completed (the paint layer is easily scraped off the surface), the scraping process should be started.
Melting of applied brush bristles
Causes of the Problem:
- Using a synthetic bristle brush
- Brushes made of synthetic bristles can melt by reacting with gel paint remover. Brushes made of natural bristles should be preferred in the Gel Paint Remover application.
Frequently Asked Questions
I applied a single coat but it was not enough, can I apply again?
Depending on the thickness and type of the old paint on the surface, a single coat of paint remover may not be sufficient in some cases. In such cases, the second layer can be applied to parts that are not dismantled in the same way.
Do I need to do any additional work after removing the old paint from the surface?
You can clean the old paint and paint remover residues on the surface with a damp cloth and after the surface dries, you can do the sanding necessary for the paint you will apply. If wood types such as chestnut, iroko, which contain high amounts of tannin, oil, and sap are used, this oil and tannin under the paint layer may have accumulated and smeared on the surface during the paint removal process. In such cases, to remove these residues on the surface, the surface should be wiped with cellulosic thinner after sanding and wait until it dries.
Is it effective on all paints?
In the tests conducted, it was observed that it affects water and solvent-based paint types such as alkyd, acrylic, polyurethane, cellulosic. Before use, you can perform a small test on your paint and check its suitability.
Can I use oil-based products on applied surfaces?
Since oil-based products do not form a film on the surface of wood, the paint remover will not show any effect. HEMEL Deck Restorer may be preferred for product removal from these surfaces or old oil on the surface can be removed with sanding.
Is it also effective in colorants applied to wooden surfaces?
Colorants penetrate the wood cells thanks to their low solid content and do not form an extra film layer on the surface. Therefore, paint removers are not effective on colorants.
- 1 L. covers 1-3 m²
- Test the product on a small area of the surface to be used before paint stripping.
- The product is ready to use and does not require thinning.
- Stir the product thoroughly before use.
- Apply the product in 2 coats by brush and wait 16 hours between coats.
- For airless spray gun application, apply the product with a 0,21-0,31 nozzle by a spraying angle of 40-50°.
- For brush application, use a flat brush with natural bristles. Artificial fiber brushes may react with the product.
- The applied layer thickness of the product should be thicker than the paint layer to be removed.
- As a common application method, apply the product in the afternoon and wait until the next morning. Thus, the paint is completely dissolved and easily removed from the surface by a scraper.
- The reaction time is 30 minutes - 5 hours, depending on the type of paint and the layer thickness.
- Before stripping paint, make sure the product interacts with the paint. Sometimes it may be necessary to apply several coats.
- Intense sunlight and strong winds can dry out the paint stripper fast. In those cases, the product should be reapplied to the areas that have dried out.
- Dissolved paint can be removed with a scraper or a brush.
- Keep the product closed when not in use.
- The product can also be used at temperatures below 0°C.
- The product should be stored at temperatures between 5°C to 35°C.
- Painting tools should be cleaned with plenty of warm water.
- USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
- Do not use empty plastic cans for other purposes.
- To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Wash hands after using.
- FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
- Dispose of contents/plastic cans per national regulations.
- Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) of the product for health and safety information.
What is paint remover gel, how to use paint remover gel?
Paint removing gels are used to remove materials like paint, primer, varnish, protect layers of metal, wood, masonry, concrete, plaster, etc. from surfaces. The content of paint remover gel and paint stripper gel products has been created to remove existing paints. Paint removing products are industrial-based or domestic-based. Paint stripper gel is recommended, because it is easy to use and damage less to the surface, comparing with other paint removers. Paint remover gel does not damage the metal or wooden surfaces. It is very easy to use and it is the most practical paint removing method.
At industrial use, paint stripper gel is known as paint remover which can hold on vertical and horizontal surfaces easily. It is quite common to use car paint remover gel, in industry and repair shops. Paint stripper gel is used systematically to remove defective paint or unwanted local paints.
Where is the paint remover gel used?
You can easily use the paint remover gel to remove all kinds of paint. It is a very effective product in removing all paints used in synthetic paint, epoxy paint, oil paint, and metal coating. For example, it can be used to remove car paint, refrigerator paint, paint of the tub, the paint of the door.
Varnishes, water-based paints, synthetic paints, acrylic paints, hobby paints, cellulosic paints, spray paints can be removed with paint remover. Gel form paint remover is generally preferred. Very good results are obtained with wood paint remover gel and metal paint remover gel on wood and metal surfaces.
Apart from the industrial industry, paint-removing gels are used in automobile paint and repair shops. Auto paint remover gel is also an indispensable material for people doing auto paint and body repair work. Its use provides a lot of gain for both the master and the vehicle owner. The master finishes his job very quickly and delivers his vehicle with peace of mind. Car paint remover gel doesn’t damage the vehicle body or sheet.
Paint remover gel or gel paint stripper can be used very easily on all surfaces such as wood, metal, light metal, concrete.
What are the advantages of paint remover gel?
Paint remover gel adheres well on vertical surfaces and provides the comfort of being applied in the desired environment.
The most important advantage is that it does not damage the metal like the paint removal process applied with sandpaper and monster stone. Thus, the sheet that is not damaged during use does not lose its durability. Damage to sheet metal is a very important phenomenon. This means filling the damaged area with putty. For this reason, it is always better to use paint remover gel for your vehicle.
It is produced in the form of paint remover, liquid paint remover, gel paint remover, and spray paint remover. Although many different brands of paint removers are produced, their usage methods and usage areas are almost the same.
What should be considered when choosing Paint Remover Gel?
Much solvent-based paint removing gels on the market smell like poison, burn hands and obstruct breath if used without gloves. HEMEL® Paint Stripper, produced by Hemel, can be used for indoor and outdoor, paint remover, paint remover gel, Toluene, NMP, caustic, acid-like harmful compounds and does not contain heavy odor. Compared to other paint removers, it is an odorless, non-scorching, environmentally friendly gel paint remover.
Click for paint remover gel prices!
If you are a Bonus, Maximum, or World Cardholder, you can complete your order with the advantage of 2, 3, or 6 installments without interest.
Free shipping for orders above 20 EUR. For orders less than 20,00 EUR, a shipping fee of 6,00 EUR will be charged.
If you order the products that have the “Fast Shipping” logo until 12:00, they will be shipped on the same day. Shipments are not made on Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays.
If you return your purchased products in their unopened and original packaging, you can return them unconditionally within the first 14 days. This applies only to the Turkish market. International orders are non-refundable.